Thursday 2 October 2014

This is how it all began...

I have always been in love with babies for as long as I can remember. I married my soul mate & best friend in 2007. We both were crazy about kids & just could not wait to plan our little bundle of joy. With my hubby being the eldest son & grandson & me being the eldest daughter & granddaughter in the family, everyone was totally excited when they heard the good news because there wasn't a baby in our family for almost 23 years. When the reality of me soon going to be a mom finally hit me, I was totally stressed. So many questions ran through my mind...will my hubby & I be the best parents we could be, would we know what to do when baby cried, what do we do if baby has a temperature in the middle of the night & OMW how do you change a diaper??? How were we going to learn so much in 9 months & the questions continued to grow. It was then when we realized that we needed to try & absorb as much as we could before baby arrived & we did exactly that. My hubby & I signed up for every pregnancy class, workshop & seminar we could find. From attending antenatal classes to cpr classes we did it all. It most certainly made us so much more confident & before we knew it, we were ready for this baby to arrive.

Having 2 sisters, it had always been my dream to have a daughter & the excitement of finally being a mom began to set in. I planned as much as possible to have everything perfect when baby arrived, but I learnt that sometimes not all plans go as expected. I planned on having natural birth but unfortunately baby was breach so, I was informed that I would have to go for a ceaser if baby did not turn. A few weeks before my due date whilst having my ultra sound done, my gynae noticed that baby had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck twice & I had to be rushed off for an emergency ceaser. Panick began to set in once again, but the only thing that was important to me was baby's well-being.

On 12 October 2010, we welcomed the most gorgeous little baby girl & it was then when I realized what love really is. Never in my life did I experience such a feeling. All I wanted to do was hold & admire this beautiful, little baby. I could not believe that I had done it...I was finally a mom...& the proudest mom in the world!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment